Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Truth...

So It's time I come clean.


I bought a wii for Mike for father's day. I bought a star wars lego game because I know he loves playing it at my parents house. I also bought him guitar hero. I told him it was because I was sure he would like it and it has lots of music he likes on it.



I lied.


The real reason I bought it was for me.

I've never been much of a video game person. I only beat Super Mario Brothers once and I used cheat codes to do it. (That was back on the original nintendo.) But now I'm hooked. I can't stop. Mike even begged me last night not to completely disrgard our children all day while I played. (I only play when the kids are in bed.)


I feel much better now that I have this secret off my chest.

7 comments:

jim said...

it always feels better once you allow the true you to come shinning through eh? I'm not really a video game guy but I once borrowed my brothers dream cast and played tony hawk skateboard something something for a week without leaving the house.

Lara said...

I have to agree--the Wii is fun! I am a fan of boxing, although Adam usually beats me.

S&J Jones Family said...

Haha, that's funny. We have the wii and we like it. Spencer got me the wii fit for my birthday. I am excited to get new games for it.

Windybrook Spinner said...

You are hilarious! Mark & I play Lego Star Wars together sometimes. It's fun. I've never tried Guitar Hero, but I am 100% behind buying a game for yourself too.

Alta said...

Wow, I am shocked. All that time you were lying to me. Can I ever trust you again? Lying to a sister, come on! JK That is the whole reason I won't ever buy one is because of what I would become. It is a scary thought. A blog is way more than I should do. I am glad that you found something to do in all of your spare time. I was a little worried about all the laying around the house you do. Now you will stay a little busy. Love you! :)

Ralph and Jenny Davis said...

ha ha ha, don't worry I love playing video games too, just don't tell ralph, oh and I hope henry's b-day went well, we miss you guys

Shannon said...

Haha! Amanda you are too funny. I would love to see you play the guitar hero. I'm horrible at it and I'm a music person!!