Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reindeer and the Promised Land

My kids kill me sometimes.

Henry picking up a stick as we start walking him to school. "Look mom, this stick is part of a reindeer!"

Me "Oh, does it look like a reindeer's antler?"

Henry "Yes. Did you know reindeer are made of sticks? Jesus Christ finds sticks that look like antlers and glues them on the reindeer."


George comming downstairs for the third time after being put to bed "Mom, I need to tell you something."

Me "Okay, tell me something."

George "Mom, this is the promised land, and in the promised land you have to keep your promises."

Me "George, if you are not in bed by the time I count to three I promise you will get spanked."

6 comments:

Alta said...

LOVE IT! So did he go to bed? Your boys are so sweet. Lizzie is still telling me everyday how much she misses the boys. Charlie too. Keep posting all the cute stuff they say so that it is documented. I need to be better at that.

Shannon said...

Haha! Too funny.

JoLee said...

I like the story about the reindeer. Henry is so smart.

Diane said...

Oh, we miss you guys! I love how darling your boys are and all the fun stuff they come up with. We love reading your posts, keep them coming!!

Lara said...

Aren't kids awesome? I love the things kids come up with when they're trying to avoid something and I love your clever comeback to his promised land comment!

Emily said...

I've always wondered where Santa gets his reindeer...now we know how he makes them and who he gets them from!