Monday, January 7, 2008

Baby Elliot

Life comes at you fast.

We had a wonderful Christmas and I loved seeing many freinds and family. As we were heading home last friday, my darling nephew Elliot was getting results of some tests from the hospital. Although he was a full term baby, he had gained less than 1 lb durring the first two months of life. We have all been concerned about his growth.


On Friday, Alta and Mike found out he has Cystic Fibrosis. It has been quite a blow for all of us. I feel especially helpless because I am so far away from all of the family. I'm not good at not doing something, so I began searching for a way to help.


I decided to organize a team to walk in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest fundraising event, the Great Strides Walk. There is one here near us on May 3 at 9:00 am. I would love to have anyone interested join my family. This foundation helps provides lifesaving medication to patients at little or no cost and also has been the driving force behind research for new and better treatment and hopefully a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.


If you aren't able to join us, I'm also looking for sponsor's for the walk. You can find information about joining me or sponsoring me on the team website:



Most importantly though, give your children an extra kiss for me, and remember Elliot in your prayers.

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet boy! I am so sorry to hear about this! I hope that with the walk, you will be able to raise the money needed. I am sorry that I won't be here, but our prayers are with you!

Shelby said...

Sorry to hear about your nephew. Do you remember that Ellie is really named Elliott?

I tagged you on my blog. Go there to read more info.

Jevan said...

Ohmigosh! I am so sorry to hear that! He is such a sweetie. Give my love to Alta. She will be a wonderful mom to him. That is hard news for your family. Elliott will definitely be in our prayers. I am sure he will be a little champ. Does it come in varying levels of severity?

Alta said...

Wow, I think I have the coolest sister ever. She is amazing. Thank you so much for your love and support. I couldn't ask for a better sister and friend. I love you and your boys so much.
Love you, Alta

Michelle said...

I am sorry to hear about this! Know that he is in our prayers as well as his parents. We will be intown for the walk and would be honored to participate.

Love,
Michelle